FEDERATION CUP® - OVERVIEW
The Federation Cup® is a multi-international 'elite youth/academy' competition and is one of the most exclusive soccer tournaments in the world, specifically targeting developmental age group(s). Academy teams are excepted based on applications into Super Regionals, ideally competing to win a spot into the annual World Finals, represented teams within North America, Mexico, Central America, Caribbean with representation at the World Finals from each of the additional FIFA Confederations (UEFA, Comenbol, CAF, AFC, Oceania). This elite identification event brings each Super Regional champion team together culminating into an International Championship at the World Finals. Each participating country coordinates qualification efforts, where Championship winners to play at the designated World Finals venue (announcement of WF venue is made December of each annual year).
2015 World Finals - (Location, Venue, Dates), will be announced in December of 2014
Held on the 1st week of September alongside the holiday weekend and partnered with a Pro Event. The Championship winning team per age group (u13, 14,15, 17 and 20's) from each Super Regional will be invited to compete along with International Champions to form the annual World Finals. The week long event will be a culmination of the Championship winning team as the top team per age group on the globe. Teams will be begin the week with a live tournament draw, welcome dinner and interactions with athletes and personalities, in addition to two (4) days of tournament play, ultimately crowning the Federation Cup® - World Finals, CHAMPION.
SUPER REGIONAL(s) Format:
- Rosters are 23 players maximum.
- Rostered players must be of the appropriate birth year for the competition calendar, (please CLICK HERE for 2014 age breakdown).
- Designated group games plus Final(s) and 3/4th place match.
- ALL teams must apply to the Super Regional within their region and/or provide 2nd/3rd, ALL accepted teams will be placed accordingly.
- Please EMAIL all questions to Bill Smith at ScoreUSA.ISDA@gmail.com (please reference: Federation Cup, within Subject Line).
- Application Information - please CLICK HERE
- Application deadline(s) vary as to event (suggestion would be to have all applications submitted regardless of location by FEB 2014).